Chapter 8 discusses security issues, ethics, and emerging technologies in education. it goes over different computer viruses and how they can affect the hard drive of the pc. What I found most interesting and helpful was the characteristics displayed so that you know if your computer has a virus or not. For example, the available memory is less than what it should be, a file becomes corrupted, an unknown program or file mysteriously appears, an unusual sound or music plays randomly, etc. The chapter also discusses protection methods and touches on student and teacher web pages.
Since the previous class I have learned even more new things about powerpoint, especially with the quiz assignment. I have also learned about different ways to protect my computer and what to do if it does become infected with a virus. A lot of the information provided in Chapter 8 has been very helpful at home.
On a more personal note, Easter Sunday was wonderful. I went to church service at Christian Heritage and then helped out with an Easter Egg Hunt at Myers Park. The only thing that was missing was my grandmother's delicious Sunday dinner. That was upsetting, but overall I had a wonderful day and really enjoyed myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment