Chapter 5 discusses why multimedia applications are important to the classroom and learning abilities of the children. Digital media is becoming a very important aspect in the education of students and the way they learn. We also discussed the differences between digital media and multimedia. Digital media is the use of technology to allow users to create different forms of interaction, communication, expression, and entertainment in a digital format. Multimedia is using multiple forms of media and incorporating a variety of elements, like text, audio, graphics, video, animation, and virtual reality.
The main new tidbit of information that I gained that I had never previously been exposed to was the Wiki application. The only thing I knew about Wiki prior to that class period was anything that was related to Wikipedia. I didn't have the slightest idea on how to begin creating one myself. This new skill that I have acquired is great, however, it also makes me more leery about the websites that I use and reinforces the importance of web evaluation.
While doing the Wiki project in class on the 25th, my mind was elsewhere...focusing mainly on the oral midterm examination that I had in Spanish the next day and the two midterms that I had back-to-back the day after that. Yes, I was stressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment