A tool that I found would be very useful to me as a teacher was a website that connected teachers with different lesson plans and activity ideas for not only the core subjects but also other extracurriculars. Along the right side of the website are links for lesson plans, seasonal items, printable worksheets, and job availability. Not only that, but the web page also links to other credible websites. This website is called www.theteacherscorner.net
Upon looking through the other sites that were listed by my classmates, I found one in particular that I could connect very well with its usage. This site was www.freetranslation.com. to be used for translating words, sentences, paragraphs from one language to another continuously. This site has been a great help to me through my 8+ years of Spanish.
A technology-related skill that I would like to learn next is how to integrate the use of the web camera in the classroom. I have also felt that the idea of having a pen-pal in another country or even another state was in more ways than one beneficial to the students. However, its difficult to get them to remain in touch and motivated to send letters back and forth. Therefore, I feel that the web-camera would be nice so that the students can continue with their new-found friendships.
Since the above is one of my future goals, I will have to do a lot of research in order to set this up, because I would need to ensure that the other classroom of students has access to web-cameras. Even before this, I would need to do a proposal and possibly apply for grants to get these devices in supply at my own home school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment