Monday, February 11, 2008

Post #4

Chapter 2 discusses the ins and outs of the internet and the world wide web. We are able to see, through the six step process how data may travel the Internet using a cable modem connection at home. We also learned the features and history of search engines and the world wide web operate. Web pages can be static, dynamic, or participatory to name a few. Static pages make it so that all the visitors see the same thing, while a dynamic allows customized views.

A new little tidbit of information that I gathered from this listen was the use of Kiko. Kiko is a virtual calendar that allows you to schedule, organize, and prioritize the many tasks that come up in your life. You can access this great virtual assistance tool at http://www.kiko.com. It allows you to get a detailed weekly and monthly view and separate the tasks between work, home, and whatever else you want. It would be a very useful tool to my life especially. Also, you can add contacts and get reminders and alerts via email or IM.

Let's see...something interesting regarding my personal life...I halfway told my best friend that I was in love with him so after class I have to call and pray that I haven't freaked him out. I can't help the way I feel though, plus he feels the same way he's just scared to let himself fall too hard. It'll all work out in the end.

No comments: