Monday, January 14, 2008

Post #1

Chapter 1 introduced me to the ARCS Motivational Model, which is basically a way of pinpointing how to effectively get the student to learn. The four main methods were attention, relevance, challenge/confidence, and satisfaction/success. These are ways that we can get students to actually learn in the classroom and not just hear. The creator of ARCS believed that even the best designed technology for the classroom will fail if the students aren't motivated to learn.

Since my last blog, I have acquired some new vocabulary words and definitions. There are three types of literacy...computer, information, and integration. Each of these dealing with an understanding and use and how these can be integrated into the classroom. As far as new skills, I'm still the same lol.

I am absolutely exhausted today, because I didn't get more than 2.5 hours of sleep last night and I've been going non-stop since 6:15 this morning...darn 8:00 a.m. classes. I am tired and would love to have a big bowl of strawberry ice cream right now.

No comments: